Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

SHE HAS PULLED HER STICHES OUT SHE WAS DESEXED ON 28 FEB…

SHE HAS PULLED HER...

SHE HAS PULLED HER STICHES OUT SHE WAS DESEXED ON 28 FEB THIS YEAR SHE HAS PULLED THEN ALL OUT AND WOUND IS OPEN but she isnt in pain and it doesnt look infected what should i do she did this yesterday xx

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the cat bleeding a lot?

No bleeding at all just the gapping wound and moist

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 2 yrs old xx

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadness?

No she just had a litter of kittens about 10 weeks ago and she is eating and drinking and very active xx we have cleaned the would and put a bandage over it to stop her licking it xx

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the incision?

Paul

Got em

Give me a minute

Paul

no sorry i cant call

Wow- that really is open

Silly cat

And there is a lot of inflammation now

Will she tolerate a bandage on her stomach?

Paul

no she is a bitch keeps taking them off we have tried to close it with a bandaid and put a bandage on her but keeps pulling off bandage thort of putting a bodysuit on her lol xx

Thought so

This is going to be really tough one to manage

If I was there I would have the incision stapled shut- they cant pull out staples so easily

Bandage is not going to work

What about head collar?

Paul

hello

Did you get my last message?

Sorry yes I put steristrips n fixamol over it and bandage but she got out n pulled it all again but will get her fixed up again and if she does it again take her to vet tks

Good plan

Thanks for the update

Did she leave the bandage alone?

Paul

hi paul
no she didnt she doesnt like the bandage but she is ok thanks

Good stuff!

Okay lets hope that stays on

Only need 2-3 days of that to let things heal up

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian