Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My sons dog, Bosley, is now fighting for his life after

Customer Question
My sons dog, Bosley...

My sons dog, Bosley, is now fighting for his life after arresting after anesthetic given, no surgery! Physician called and said Bosley had diarrhea (Patrick had shared he had a small amount in AM) and there would be a slight risk if they continued. Patrick said bring him back right now...do not go any farther. 30 minutes later they called him and said he had arrested. It is 3 hours later and Bosley is still fighting. We're all sick but can't find how, if we loose him, where we can have an autopsy to find out what went wrong! Our animals are our life and our families interest is in the research of all these issues with our pets! Surprise! They are linking these back to humans! Bosley is at a great center but we would, if anything goes more wrong, want this to be a positive experience for all.(Yup, hard to understand how it could be now} Help if you can!! Thank you

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bosley?

He went in yesterday: complain was a ska

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm so sorry to hear that Bosley is struggling. If he does pass away, you can ask the facility he is at to do a necropsy (autopsy for animals) to get the answers you are looking for. Again, I'm so sorry and I wish you all the best.