Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Looking to replace my cats current dry food (purina 'one) I…

Looking to replace my...

Looking to replace my cats current dry food (purina 'one)

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

I believe it may be causing some type of reaction, possible irritation to the skin.. i have a year old cat- luna, and a 5 month old kitten, ollie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

1 year old, luna. 5 month old, ollie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?

I just now noticed a possible thinning of hair by her front ear, and believe it is due to the food

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the ear?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one moment

10-4

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i put a touch of avocado oil on the patch in the hopes of it stopping the irritation

That is normal "pre-auricular alopecia (hair loss) and this is normal in cats

The ears look good

For diet I always recommend canned food for cats if possible

Are you okay feeding canned food?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
canned food, ie wet food? do you have a recommendation of brand/type?

Yes

I love the Royal Canin foods

Failing that I like the Hills canned diets

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this would be okay for my kitten as well?

Oh yes at five months we are fine :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian