Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is very wobbly in her hind legs. She has just had blood…

Customer Question
She is very wobbly...

She is very wobbly in her hind legs. She has just had blood tests and they came back fine. She'll have x-rays tomorrow but I'm nervous it could be something terrible. The vet thinks it could be arthritis (she's 12) but the wobbliness has got worse over the last few days and her legs occasionally collapse before she pulls them up to keep walking... Any ideas of what it could be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

Not that I know of, she's an indoor cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Tallulah

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tallulah?

She's a pedigree ragdoll cat who has no medical history. I was worried that if it was arthiritis it shouldn't get worse over days and that it would be more likely to worsen over a longer period

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh I should also add that this started with Tallulah's reluctance to jump up out of the blue a couple of weeks ago and I took her on the vet who put her on anti-inflammatories and she seemed to feel really happy on them and move better for a week or so - in fact she was so perky she kept jumping and running around although she still had weakness in her back legs when she jumped. She doesn't appear to be in any pain - she is eating, toileting (although occasionally finds it hard to get into the litter box). Her hind legs wave when she walks fast and she struggles more on shiny surfaces (not so much on carpet).
3/8/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian