Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Catas got into a fight and one was scratch on her upper

Catas got into a...

Catas got into a fight and one was scratch on her upper eyelid. The other was either bit or scratched on his ear. Not visible but bled.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?

Female is KiKi (eye) male is Marley (ear)

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Female?

3 and the male is 21/2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Female?

Shes an average size bengal we are doing a trial run with to see how she is with my other animals but I don't think it's gonna work obviously. The male is a bigger Highlander how is very sweet and was only trying to be friends with her

3/6/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me pictures?

Paul

ok give me a minute
did you get the pics?

Got em

Give me a minute :)

Paul

Okay-nothing to worry about

The eye itself looks really good- no damage at all

No treatment needed at all

I hope that helps!

Paul

Well, like I said we are just keeping her for a trial run so I just don't want to bring her back with a wound cuz its red. And the male was bleeding but I can't see anything and i'm not sure if it's a scratch or bite and I know how serious a bite can be.
Is there anything i can put on either one keep it clean and not infected? Peroxide, etc.?

Sure

You can wipe it with some hydrogen peroxide on a cloth twice a day

Paul

what about the eye?

As I mentioned above- the eye looks good- nothing to do there

OK I'll just have the owner keep an eye on it. And i'll try the the peroxide for the ear and keep an eye on that too. Thanks for your help.

That is fair- good call

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you in case you have more questions :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul