Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat is a Ragdoll, was 15 lbs has lost half hiis weight. I…

Cat is a Ragdoll...

Cat is a Ragdoll , was 15 lbs has lost half hiis weight. I suspect and repiratory infection because of sneezing and yellow mucus. Tom is 9 years old. Been feeding him baby food and dilute pedi light

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?

Starting to feel this has become an emergency

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

He is FIV positive

2/18/2018
Sheree HughesIrwin

Hello, Dr Sheree here to help.

Tom needs antibiotics if he has color to his nasal discharge. FIV cats cannot fight infections on their own. You are doing good with fluids and baby food. The weight loss is very concerning. I would get him to his Vet as soon as possible.

I will do it . Thank you

Good luck. Let me know if you have further questions.

Please rate.

Sheree HughesIrwin
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sheree HughesIrwin
Sheree HughesIrwin
Sheree HughesIrwin
Sheree HughesIrwin