Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has been throwing up for a full day n is acting

My cat has been...

My cat has been throwing up for a full day n is acting lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

So the first vomit was solid, after that all liquid

2/6/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Rachel and I would be happy to answer your concerns about your cat. May I ask you a few questions first?

Thank you.

How old is your cat?

9yrs old a male inside n outside cat, so he may have eaten something outside

Okay, that's good information to have. Is he interested in food right now?

no or drinking, he did however go to the kittie litter box for pea several hrs ago, he has no evidence of a fight with another animal that I can tell and he did get up to walk by me to have me pet him

Okay, did you watch him urinate? Was there any straining?

I did not get to see him urinate because it was when we were in bed, I think it was before 8:00 this morning n it is now 2:00, I also tried to check if he has a fever n I don't think he does nor does he seem to be in any pain that I would be able to know!!

How many times has he vomited?

the first time was solid then after that liquid, any where from 6 to 8 times, the solid was only once! It looks like he dry heaves for the liquid, this has been within a day n a half he has not done it now for about 2hrs

Ok, I'm glad he has gone for a couple of hours without vomiting. I would not offer him anything to eat until this evening. If he throws that up, I recommend getting him into the vet tomorrow.

ok I will do it, I did try to put water in his mouth but he not want any, should I try to use a syringe to give him water?

You can give a small amount of water, but if he throws it up, stop.

thank you very much, you were a big help.

You're very welcome! Good luck with him. And if you could give me a positive rating, I would really appreciate it!

I will

Thanks so much!

why was I charged $17 after I saw it was only $5?

I believe the $5 was a starting point and if you are happy with my answer, you are charged the full amount.

I understand n I talked to your customer service, thank you

Of course. Take care.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up to see how your cat is doing. Has the vomiting stopped? Also, if you found my services to be helpful, I would greatly appreciate a 5-star rating and if not, I would be happy to clarify or answer any further questions until you are satisfied.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian