Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 5 yr old male cat is drooling from the mouth and also…

Customer Question
My 5 yr old...

My 5 yr old male cat is drooling from the mouth and also from the nose. His eyes look a little watery, one side worse than the other. He was moving okay when I tried to get hold of him earlier, but now he has hidden himself up in the rafter in the basement and I can't reach him. He is scared and hisses if I try to get hold of him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

He's an indoor cat, never gets outside. Had shots and been neutered. Hasn't seen the vet for about 3 yrs. Him and his brother never go out.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/6/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Rachel and I would be happy to help with your cat. May I ask you a few questions first?

Hi, there. I have not heard back from you, but wanted to make sure you got the advice you came for. I think your cat could have an abscessed tooth and that's why he is drooling. Since he is hiding, I suspect that he's in pain. I would recommend taking him in to the vet for an oral exam. If he has an abscess they will most likely recommend removing the tooth.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Radhika Sthanu