Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She’s limping. I don’t think so? The only thing I can think…

She’s limping. Veterinarian's Assistant:...

She’s limping.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

I don’t think so?

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

The only thing I can think of is that I was trying to get her off the kitchen counter on Saturday. I picked her up and put her on the ground but maybe she landed wrong?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

She is 7.

I'm still here.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

which leg is your cat limping on?

her right front leg

Is she declawed?

Is she indoor/outdoor?

she is not
I tried to look at her paw to see if any claws were infected, or pads cracked -- nothing

Is she indoor/outdoor?

she didn't flinch when I touched it

does she go outside?

she is indoor only

gotcha...then you have two likely causes.....either one it is orthopedic in nature or two she could have thrown a blood clot to that leg....is the leg painful anywhere to her on the leg? And is the paw warm or cold?

let me check

sure..

neither hot nor cold. all of her paws feel the same temperature.
mostly it seems like she's trying to not put weight on it, but she doesn't mind being touched

good, then most likely orthopedic problem and you will need to have her examined for that with possible xrays...

okay. well, at least it's not a blood clot!

well, not definitive, but definitely not likely.....based on your report...if that leg /foot becomes cold or painful go to ER asap...

got it

any other questions tonight?

no, that's all. at first I couldn't tell if she was really limping. like yesterday, or this morning. but tonight it was more prominent.

ok, take care...

Please rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. Thank you very much! DRB

And let me know if you need any additional help!

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

thank you!

and let me know if you need additional help! DRB

Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian