Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat had otohematoma And we Took her to the vet for an ear…

Hi my cat had...

Hi my cat had otohematoma And we Took her to the vet for an ear surgerie, 2 weeks later they remove the stiches and that's when the problem start, her ear skin start looking very bad, I took her again to the vet (her vet is a only cat hospital) and they told me she has ringworm and is getting worst they gave me tri otic to put on her ear the day that they remove the stiches and I'm wondering if that medication turn worst her problem, and also the cat hospital is a rescue foundation too, and they have a lot of cats with ringworm, I am really mad that maybe she got it from there, and plus I have another 5 healthy cats at home, I'm really worried for them to catch the fungus too

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

That maybe here hospital is very infected

1/22/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Ringworm can take months before a complete resolution of symptoms. Unfortunately, there is no way to be certain if the ringworm came from the hospital. If there was no other exposure from your home or other cats the potential is strong that exposure occurred there.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse