Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She isn't going in the litter box, she is very skinny, she…

Customer Question
She isn't going in...

She isn't going in the litter box, she is very skinny, she is limp in the back paws/hip area. her pee is brown

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

Not that I know of

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Soka - 12-14 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Soka

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Soka?

I can't think of anything - she was dehydrated the last time she went to the vets 6-8 months ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/21/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long have you been seeing these signs?

Was her urine smellier then usual?

Has she had any appetite loss or seem to be drinking more?

Are her gums pink, yellow tinted, or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Since you mentioned she wasn't using the litter box, does she have any straining when passing urine or stool?

Any diarrhea?

8 weeks.
No.
No.
not sure on color of gums or if moist/sticky.
No.
No.
I am not at home so I can't check any of these things now.Thanks,Kim
Please contact me by phone at(###) ###-####or e-mail***@******.*** since I will be on furlough starting today and unable to read government e-mail.THank you,Kim