Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 5 month old male kitten peed on the bed today has never…

Customer Question
My 5 month old...

My 5 month old male kitten peed on the bed today has never gone anywhere but his litter box is a trip to the vet needed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?

Franklin he's an angel ... very happy don't understand why he would do that

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

No he's a shelter cat born at the shelter then home with me had a few medical issues as a kitten ear mites and an intestinal problem that needed antibodies but has been in perfect health since

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If you think that Franklin might have needed to go and been unable to make it to the box in time, you can certainly wait and watch. If this happens again there's a very strong potential that he likely has a urinary tract infection and having an examination and treatment performed by your vet will be ideal. Your vet will likely collect a urinalysis and prescribe antibiotics. Usually within 3-5 days of starting antibiotics the symptoms fully resolve. In some cases a switch of diet may be needed as crystals are present in the urine and may cause a urinary blockage in the future.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is your companion doing today?

Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 27 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse