Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 14 year old russian blue has thyroid and kidney problems.

Customer Question
My 14 year old...

My 14 year old russian blue has thyroid and kidney problems. What is the best diet for her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cat russian blue

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

Thyroid and kidney problems

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

She doesn't. She has started vomiting the last couple of days, has eaten little. She has been on dry food for kidney problems for a couple of years. Is this good?

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Misty

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Misty?

Not particularly. She is on methimazole ear cream for thyroid and at the moment entrofloxacin tablets.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did Misty last have recheck bloodwork with your vet, to check her thyroid and kidney values?

What specific food is she on?

What is the enrofloxacin being given for?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian