Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Awww, thanks! She seems to be in pain to the touch on her…

Customer Question
Awww, thanks! Veterinarian's Assistant:...

Awww, thanks!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

She seems to be in pain to the touch on her chest (?) between her two front legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Emma 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emma?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
She is overweight...oh, and had a skirmish w a dog the day it started.
Cries a lot if I pick her up or specifically touch her there. Is hiding a bit more.
1/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry to read about Emma.

Unfortunately there is no medications that can be given at home for Emma. Cats are very sensitive to medications and need to be assessed hands on in order to get her the proper treatment. With this being said we can try and make her more comfortable by limiting her activity and using a rice sock between her legs in the chest area. This is only basic relief until you can have her seen by the Vet for treatment. I suspect the skirmish you mentioned with the dog got a little too physical for Enmma causing some inflammation in the chest area.

Please hit reply to discuss this information. I am here to help.

Joan