Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My male kitten keeps defecating in the corner of one room.

Customer Question
My male kitten keeps...

My male kitten keeps defecating in the corner of one room. He has been neutered, he is the sole cat in the house, he uses the Cat Genie litter box for urinating and it cleans each time he uses it. He is on Rachel Ray's Kitten food,

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the kitten's name?

How do I get him to stop?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

It's regular stools, not soft or overly hard

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Sara. How old is this kitty? It is actually not that uncommon for cats to like 1 box for urine and 1 box for BM. But, maybe we can convince him to use 1 box. Is the cat genie box hooded? How does it work?

7 mos.
No hood
10 minutes after he uses the box, it cleans and washes itself. www.catgenie.comI've sprayed the area with the deodorizer spray I used to keep him from marking.

Have you tried just a plain old litter box in addition to the Genie? Maybe give him the option and see if he prefers just an open box? That is what I would try; it could be that easy of a fix especially in a kitten. Usually they prefer a clumping litter with very little to no scent and NO HOOD.

NO THANK YOU! I was just notified by my credit card company that I was charged twice by this site and I want nothing to do with it. I could see paying $5 but not any thing additional and not without my authorization.

Hi, did the site just ask you for a phone call? We can continue to talk here if you would like.

NO I AM NOT PAYING EXTRA. Thank you. I will use the advice I got from my "cat lady" friend.

ok, no problem