Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is opening and closing his mouth quickly and he is…

Customer Question
My cat is opening...

My cat is opening and closing his mouth quickly and he is drooling. He is breathing fine though

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** hes 7 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/16/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Robert Schwarb,
 replied 7 months ago
Robert Schwarb

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. If you are able to respond in the next 15 minutes or so I would like to help.

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

May I have an update on McKinley, please? Drooling usually indicates cramping, nausea, gastroesophageal reflux (GERD, acid reflux, heartburn) or perhaps esophageal or oral irritation/ulcers. "Opening and closing his mouth quickly" is unclear to me. Please clarify.

Hank you. He seems fine today. He was opening and closing his mouth kind of like they do when they have something stuck in their teeth

Ah! Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.