Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat was injured, a dog bit him. We took him to a near vet…

Customer Question
Hi my cat was...

Hi my cat was injured, a dog bit him. We took him to a near vet he told us there wasnt anything he could do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your cat?

He is injured, we took the cat to a vet he said he couldnt do anything only wait

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

He cant breath well he is laying down we are taking care of him he is breathing strange and we can hear a strange noise from his abdomen stomach

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Hes name is ***** ***** is 1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cury?

The cat is injured and when he breathes it sounds weird

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/15/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian
Hello I am Dr Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about cury. That is so sad. I am working on a response right now and will be back in.
Breathing issues are always concerning as it is very uncomfortable when you are unable to breathe. The injury could have effected his lungs if there were many puncture wounds or his breathing could be pain related.
Did the vet take x-rays?
Did he offer pain meds or antibiotics?
If Cury is that severe and suffering that much, did he discuss quality of life issues?
It seems like there is always something to offer, especially pain medications to relieve discomfort..it is so important and can make such a difference as far as healing and recovery. I obviously can not prescribe anything but is there another vet you could go to tomorrow or tonight for another opinion or could you ask your vet for more options. I don't know the extent of the injuries,I realize. I guess the most important thing to me is that he is not suffering.
If there is no chance that he is going to recover than I know you wouldn't want him to suffer. I think you should monitor him closely and see how things are going tomorrow. If he is really struggling, you may be faced with a tough decision unless he bounces back. It all depends on the extent of the injuries. I hope that helps. Please keep me posted.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
If you are satisfied with my assistance a 5 star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time. Even after the rating this conversation will stay open for about a week so keep me posted.
Sincerely ***** *****
I didn't hear back from you last night how are things going?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian