Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I took my 2 1/2 year old cat to the vet on Friday for

Customer Question
I took my 2...

I took my 2 1/2 year old cat to the vet on Friday for throwing up. They did X-rays and examined her and said nothing was wrong but that she had an empty stomach. I got her home fed her some wet food to see if she would eat. She ate it but threw back up. She has been getting sick four days now. Again the vet told me the couldn’t find anything wrong and that she just had and empty stomach. They also told me if she was still getting sick bring her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Luna

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna?

No she’s just not keeping food down and she has an empty belly from the X-rays from Friday

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/15/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did your vet run any blood work?

Did your vet prescribe any medication?