Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Mycat was fine last night, then very early this morning he…

Customer Question
Mycat was fine last...

Mycat was fine last night, then very early this morning he coughed up a hairball...since then he has acted like he doesn’t feel well. A few hours after coughing up the hair all he was in the litter box and just kept scraping and scratching in the litter for about 6-7 minutes. Since then he has spent the day sleeping. When I disturbed him a little while ago to see if I could feel swelling in his abdomen or bladder he let me know that it hurt.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Bogie, age 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Neutered male

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

He has some allergies and every few months gets a cortisone injection

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/15/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

So he was painful when you pressed on his lower abdomen? Is that correct? Has he had anything to eat or drink? When he went into the litter box, did he pass any urine?