Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has kidney disease and eats prescription food and a…

Customer Question
My cat has kidney...

My cat has kidney disease and eats prescription food and a little while after eating he then he barf up some food sometime liquid and food at the same time I don’t know wath to do can u help me please I tried different food wet and dry and the same think happen

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

No just his food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Andra age7

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Andra?

He ie 7

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/14/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Andra has kidney disease. How high are his blood kidney levels, do you know?

If he is vomiting, he may have high blood phosphorus, and may benefit from phosphorus binders.

You can try giving him some Pepcid AC (famotidine): 1/4th of a 10 mg pill twice daily.

As kidney disease progresses, cats will lose their appetites, and vomit more. It would help me to see his most recent blood tests, if you have them.

Ok i dont have his test
he all so licks
PlStic to
Plastics i mean
He barf up yellow barf

I did not hear back from you; how is Andra? Can I help with or answer anything else?

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian