Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Charlie (cat) had dental surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago and spent…

Customer Question
Charlie (cat) had dental...

Charlie (cat) had dental surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago and spent one night at the vets. After finishing seven days of antibiotics he developed diarrhea and sneezing, and wants to sleep all the time. His appetite is okay but he's not interested in anything. He's eleven years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Charlie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?

When he's not sleeping he keeps his head down and his eyes are half- closed. When he's sleeping, he prefers to climb under a blanket or quilt. Usually, he's very into his surroundings and very affectionate. Not now.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/14/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What antibiotic was he on?

What does the diarrhea look like?

Any nasal discharge? If so, what color and is it from one or both nostrils?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian