Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She is a feral cat that we have fed at our home for 3 years.

Customer Question
She is a feral...

She is a feral cat that we have fed at our home for 3 years. Last Friday, she came to eat, lives outside, and did not eat due to this head lurching abdominal sucking in motion. The abdominal symptom has disappeared and now the movement is her head almost twitching. She eats soft food, is lethargic and looks like she does not feel well with eyes half closed. She is three years old and came to us as a 2-3 week old kitten. We had her caught, spayed, chipped, vaccinated and released in our yard. She is adventurous. No clue as to her bowel/bladder function or the color of her gums. She will allow me to pet her, but have only picked her up a few times. She usually loves to be petted and loves our dog. She has no interest in either due to pain or discomfort. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?

Willy (named after Ky Basketball player) so would appeal to husband for us to feed she and her brother after they were abandoned by mom in our yard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willy?

No, she is a roamer and is always catching birds, lizards, snakes, rats, squirrels.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/10/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian