Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My little 5 pound girl was spayed and vaccinated on

Customer Question
My little 5 pound...

My little 5 pound girl was spayed and vaccinated on Wednesday, last week. (rabies, feline leukemia) She was given 6mg (x3) of Onsior post surgery. She was doing ok, but of course not up to her usual self. She has continued to go downhill with lethargy, vomiting, and not eating. I took her back to the Vet who gave her another shot of Onsior as well as Convenia. (she had no fever) She is now not eating at all and vomiting 4-5 times a day. Does this sound like an allergic reaction to the meds? If so, what do I do? I have another appointment at the Vet scheduled for tomorrow, but every time I go back, my sweet kitty seems to come home worse.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

Surgery meds: Simbadol injection, Propoflo anesthesia, and Midazolam. In heat ovariohysterctomy. Feline Leukemia vaccine. Rabies vaccine. And you know the other meds they have given her.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 3 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

I am sorry your baby is not feeling well post surgery Many cats develop a fever or become lethargic after shots.Rub a drop of honey or syrup into her gums to raise

her blood sugar.if s he does not perk up she should be seen TODAY.I would not wait till tomorrow.

IN THE MEANTIME give her one mg of benedryl per lb to counteract the side effects of onsior

Please let me know how she is doing

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert