Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Yesterday morning she was somewhat die I noticed she wasn't…

Customer Question
Yesterday morning she was...

Yesterday morning she was somewhat die I noticed she wasn't eating as much and she went to the litter and had a very smelling stool that was runny. She's not cleaning her coat as she usually does or her tits before and after her 4week kittens nurse. She usually plays with her babies along with the other 4month babies that are not hers but she vomitted a couple times yesterday as well and eating very little but more then she has yesterday and drinking a bit more as well then yesterday can you please help me I love my cat so much and she is the best momma cat I've ever had she loves her babies so much along with the abandon babies so looked after

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your kitten eat anything unusual?

I don't know that was my first thought, she's not a kitten though, shes a mother cat with two 4week old babies. She's always tending to them and even right now even though I know she's not feeling well she's nursing them and washing them.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

I call her My Baby-girl because she usually follows me everywhere and she's not even really doing that as much as she usually does.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your kitten?

Last night she looked like she lost weight and I realize it might be because she's nursing her kittens but as I was petting her a little while ago it felt like she has a lump or a lumpy side about an inch away from boobs around the middle up her right side before her back. Could she have eaten something and it be lounged in her stomach or her intestines. Oh and yesterday evening she vomitted and it was clear fluids but had like small streaks of blood in it and then she vommitted again a few hours later but there was no traces of blood just the little bit of gravy from her canned food she ate.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/9/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 1 month ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

how old is she?

is this her first litter?

what food is she eating?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian