Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think my cat is dying. She is about 15, was urinating out…

Customer Question
I think my cat...

I think my cat is dying. She is about 15, was urinating out of box, then diaherra this morning. Now is hardly moves and cries when she does.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

She could hardly walk and was stubbling. She is usually outside but since the cold weather she hasn't been out at all (so for a few months now). She got shots when she was little but none for several years now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/9/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

How can I help you? I read your history for your kitty and I am sorry she is sick....how can I help you?

What do you think is happening. Her breathing is labored, every once in awhile she lets out loud cries. I don't know what to do or how to help her. I don't want her to be in pain
Please respond through typing.
Also, she now has water under her and it smells badly.

ok, I agree with you that your kitty is probably dying based on your report....I suspect she may have metabolic and electrolyte problems and the water is likely urine.....

Can you take her to an ER so they can determine if she needs to be euthanized tonight? This way she will not have to suffer.....

Do you think she will keep on living much longer?

Cats can hang on and suffer alot before they actually die......I would take her to an ER....

Ok thank u

She is probably in kidney failure and that is an awful way to die....

Can I answer any other questions for you or help you find an ER?

No thank u

well let me know if you need additional help as I am happy to answer follow up questions for you.....

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B