Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is a 17yr old cat that has a good appetite and is

Customer Question
She is a 17yr...

She is a 17yr old cat that has a good appetite and is urinating much more and has been losing weight over the past 2 weeks. Not sure if it is kidney issue or diabetes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the cat's name?

Tiger

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?

She has been in good health with no issues her whole life.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/8/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Good morning and welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to help.It appears that it is important that your vet run lab work on sweet Tiger to determine what is causing these symptoms. This could be a hyperthyroid condition or the beginnings of diabetes or renal failure. Only lab work will tell your vet what is causing this and hw best to treat Tiger. It is great news that she is healthy otherwise so once you can determine the cause for these symptoms, treatment will certainly extend her life.Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am always happy to help.
I figured blood work will tell us more, I thank you for your help
You are very welcome. I wish I could be of more help but without the diagnostics, we can only guess. Have a wonderful day!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta