Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Dying...her name is, she is 20. We brought her home from vet…

Customer Question
Dying...her name is *****...

Dying...her name is ***** ***** is 20. We brought her home from vet to hospice care fdor her home. She is very near. What can we do?????

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Biz?

Biz is in kidney failure, She also has alesion on the side of her face which just reopened after several days. She is on anti biotics. I was giving her some water when she just threw up, she has not been eating or drinking for the last threedays so I have been giving her water with an eyedropper.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/8/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Good morning and welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to help.I am so sorry to hear about your precious Biz....I kno wthis is really hard. The best thing for her is to give her subcutaneous fluids from your vet. They can show you how to do this at home and it will ease her discomfort. I would also recommend that you contact your vet for pain relievers that you can give her during this period. It is hard enough on them during this transition period but adding a pain killer to help your sweet Biz will help her through this. If your vet will not do this, then all you can do is keep her warm and comfortable and give fluids with an eye dropper and baby food diluted. Check with your vet for medications for your precious Biz.Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am always happy to help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta