Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have two adult cats who are expelling small worms from…

Customer Question
I have two adult...

I have two adult cats who are expelling small white worms from their rectum

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?

One is Mya and the other is gadget they are sisters

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

They do go in and out but stay mostly in when winter they are about 4 yrs old and have never seen these little white worms before

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/8/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 1 month ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. These are small white worms about the size of a large grain of rice and you see them crawling about the cat's anal area, as opposed to longer spaghetti shaped worms?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian