Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Maggie is nine years old, realised this evening that she has…

Customer Question
Hi, Maggie is nine years...
Hi, Maggie is nine years old, realised this evening that she has not been in and out as usual but asleep on her tree all afternoon and evening. Has come upstairs with me tonight, but not with usual hurry. last 4 hours on my bed just sleeping and not wanting to move much. I don’t think she has eaten or drunk since this morning. She lets me stroke her and doesn’t seem injured or flinching at all but might be breathing a bit faster than normal.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/8/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Jean, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Maggie, please?

Regretfully, while her change in behavior is important, it's not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Do assess her respiratory rate, however. If she's taking more than 30 breaths per minute while at rest or asleep she could be in trouble.

Hi Jean,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Maggie. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian