Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is about 10 months old and just yesterday got

Customer Question
My cat is about...

My cat is about 10 months old and just yesterday got lethargic and started throwing up nothing but liquid. We are snowed in. What can I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/7/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your cat is lethargic and vomiting a fluid. I am sorry to hear about what is happening. Does your cat have a history of vomiting sporadically, or is this the first time it has happened? I can give you some ideas about what to give to help reduce nausea. Do you have Pepcid or Zantac available?

Zantac

Thank you. The Pepcid dose for a 10 lb cat is 2.5 mg (i.e. 1/4 tablet) every 12 hours. The dose for Zantac is 10 mg, although this is more challenging to achieve because it requires to get at least 1/8 of a tablet. You can give Zantac every 12 hours as well.

Did you get my last response? Do you have any other questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Just checking in. How is your cat doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry