Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 14 year old cat won't eat and keeps licking her anus and…

Customer Question
My 14 year old...

My 14 year old cat won't eat and keeps licking her anus and crying out, like it hurts.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Missy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?

She is a rescue cat; standard type short-hair.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/6/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Missy. Has she been urinating and defecating normally? Could she be constipated?

Licking like this could be from infected or impacted anal glands, or from constipation. If she has recently defecated, then constipation is not the problem.

How is Missy doing? I did not hear back from you.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer and if this was helpful.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian