Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is getting lots of bald spots on top of his head and…

Customer Question
My cat is getting...

My cat is getting lots of bald spots on top of his head and now on his shoulder blades. He is 15 years old. We just got a new puppy but the puppy is very timid and not threatening to the cat. Didn't know if it could still be stress or may hyperthyroidism. He has lost a lot of weigt over the past year.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?

Tiger

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?

No, he has been very healthy most of his life.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/6/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing these signs?

Has he been drinking more, urinating more or seem very hungry despite his weight loss?

Is he grooming more or itching/scratching these areas?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

What flea treatment do you use and when did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian