Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have a 13 year old female cat. She started crying nonstop…

Customer Question
Hi. We have a...

Hi. We have a 13 year old female cat. She started crying nonstop about an hour ago. She is normally a very skittish cat but she allowed me to pet her and hold her for a while. When I picked her up a second time she began to have a seizure, lost control of her faculties, and she is now struggling to walk and breathe. Because it is Friday night and we live in a small town we are unable to get her to a vet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Destiny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Destiny?

She has been in very good health most of her life. We have had very little interaction with Veterinary visits because she has been an inside cat with very little issues. She is normally a good eater good drinker but her personality is just very skittish.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/6/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Destiny, please? Regretfully, such a condition can't be managed at home and you're left with comforting and confining her in order to avoid her hurting herself during a seizure.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian