Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Today we encountered two cats by our business. They appear…

Customer Question
Hello Today we encountered...

Hello Today we encountered two young cats by our business. They appear to have just been dropped off. One of them looks like they have conjunctivitis. Is there anyway to get them some antibiotic eye drops inexpensively? How could I find a vet that might help or purchase medication for them? Also, neither of them can meow. They try but no sound comes out. What might be causing this?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Both cats don't have names. We just found them trying to enter our warehouse at work. They are very young, I am guessing 6 to 8 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

They don't have names. They are stray cats that just showed up at our business today.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

I don't think so. I tried calling numerous rescues but did not find one that would take them and assure us they were 'no kill'.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

My recommendation would be to continue attempting to contact rescue groups. The rescue groups by law cannot assure you they will not euthanize them but if they are actual rescue groups and not shelters they actually almost never put young cats to sleep....it sounds to me like they have respiratory disease which is probably causing the eye problems and may be causing the meow problems as well.....you can also call around to some vet hospitals...some hospitals will do good Samaritan work...these kitties need to be trapped anyway so they can be spayed or neutered to stop the problem that created them in the first place....I am going to get you a link to a cat trap and then you can get them in to a vet. Also if you tell me where you live I can help you find a rescue....

I would try as I said calling all the vet hospitals you can find as some do feral cat work or they can tell you about groups that come around and trap and spay/neuter feral cats and treat them if necessary......if you leave me what area you are in I can help look for groups for you also. I will be back online tomorrow night. Bless you for what you are doing....DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B