Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is not feeling well. She has been vomiting and drinking…

Customer Question
She is not feeling...

She is not feeling well. She has been vomiting and drinking a lot of water. She also has dry heaves I think.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of. She is an outdoor cat comes in at night. She has been in everyday because of the cold, but still goes outside to go to the bathroom. She is not want to go out today.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Sara. She is 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sara?

I think she is loosing some weight. This has all been over the last three days.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/3/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sara. How long has she been vomiting, and drinking a lot of water?

Sorry, I see it; 3 days.

I am concerned about her, especially the weight loss and the excessive thirst. Is she eating at all?

I would need to examine her to give you an exact diagnosis but drinking a lot of water could indicate kidney disease, bladder infection, high blood calcium, some types of cancer, diabetes. These can also cause vomiting and weight loss.