Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Black smelly drainage from old cyst. Black smelly from old…

Customer Question
Black smelly drainage from...

Black smelly drainage from old cyst

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

Black smelly from old cyst site

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

No hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Larry age 17

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Larry?

Old cyst wound smells bad, black drainage

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Larry. Can you upload a photo(s) of this "cyst" to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

A black discharge suggests tissue necrosis (death).