Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a 20 year old male himalayan he started pooping

Customer Question
I have a 20...

I have a 20 year old male himalayan he started pooping outside of the litter box about 4 months ago initially it was one tub or the other tub so it was strange but easy to clean Then he started pooping behind the couch pushed up against the wall

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

George

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about George?

I took him to the vet and she ran CBC and tested his thyroid function because we thought it could be hyperthyroidism

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is his stool ever loose, soft or watery, or is it always normal?

Does he urinate in the litter boxes?

Is he your only cat?

How big are the boxes?

Was there any recent changes to the litter boxes or the litter?