Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Have a cat pawing at her mouth and shaking her head, when we…

Customer Question
Hey we have a...

Hey we have a cat pawing at her mouth and shaking her head, when we looked at her mouth the tooth looked rotten and her breathe smelt horrible! What home treatment can we help her with

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Pepper shes about 2 maybe 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Pepper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepper?

No shes still pretty active still eating normal

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Can you tell me which tooth in her mouth is affected?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sure just one moment
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
back upper left tooth

how far back in mouth?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the last tooth on the left upper side

Your cat needs to go to your vet and get a professional cleaning with extractions...this is an absolute must to avoid damage to her organs from this bacteria....but for now...do you have any oral antibiotics in your home?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thnk u

do you have any antibiotics?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

If you have antibiotics I can help you with a dose until you can get to your vet to get your kitty feeling better....let me know if I can assist with this...DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian