Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My hair cats has some knots in his back, about 4 smallish in…

Customer Question
My long hair cats...

My long hair cats has some knots in his back, about 4 smallish in size but knotted very tight and he cries and bites if we try to comb/brush them out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

The cats name is ***** ***** he is 19Months Old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocket?

Aside from his few knots he is very healthy and energetic like a kitten so no other issues.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now if these are very tight and causing him distress when you brush him, then the best option is to carefully clip these away with scissors. Afterwards, the fur can be brushed more often to prevent recurrence. Otherwise, it can help to massage talc free powder into matts as that can lubricate the hair and aid in working out knots. Of course once it is untangled, the powder can be brushed out to avoid Rocket licking it.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.

Hello again,

How is everything with your wee one?

Warm regards,

Dr. B.