Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has been vomiting small amounts of light colored

Customer Question
My cat has been...

My cat has been vomiting small amounts of light colored blood for 24 hours and this last time that she vomited there was a worm. Can you tell me what I need to do or what it could be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of. She's a cat that likes to be outside so I'm not sure if she ingested something other than her regular food.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Lilly 4 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lilly?

She has been very lethargic, not wanting to move from one spot.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Any diarrhea?

She won’t drink or eat. She could have eaten anything. She is primarily an outside cat so she could have eaten something that I don’t know about. No diarrhea. Pressing on her stomach doesn’t seem to bother her. Her gums aren’t pink or white.

Hello again,

What color are the gums if not pink or pale?

If they are pigmented, can you roll her lower eyelid down and check that for pink/pale coloration?