Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She won't eat. just lays around, and slobbering a lot trees…

Customer Question
She won't eat. just...

She won't eat. just lays around, and slobbering a lot trees to do a bowel movement and nothing happens. She does drink and unites.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cat she is 14 and is a diabetic

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Sissy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sissy?

We have tried pumpkin she ate a little but won't eat any more tried the thin down with some water to see if she would try tried broth and other things

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long has she been without food?

Is she under any medical management for her diabetes? If so, what?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

When was a complete panel of bloodwork (read: not just glucose checks) run?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian