Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My hamster is swollen up like a balloon. She fell from her…

Customer Question
My hamster is swollen...

My hamster is swollen up like a balloon. She fell from her cage and we took her to the vet yesterday x-ray showed no fractures bruising on the abdomen possible hemorrhage but now she just looks like a balloon and cries when we go near her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the hamster's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** about a year-and-a-half old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Violet?

1 1/2 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Violet?

Guess what I said about her falling out of the cage negative x-ray for fractures possible abdominal hemorrhage. She did eat and drink a little bit yesterday when we woke up today she was swollen all over

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian