Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have 3 cats and 1 of them has mounds of stool in the

Customer Question
I have 3 cats...

I have 3 cats and 1 of them has mounds of stool in the litter box, shiny sometimes. they have been tested for worms and were treated but now that it's cold outside, they use the litter boxes inside. I was going to try some antidiarrheal meds on the cat I think is doing it but not ssure how much.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Pumpkin is an orange tabby, 7 years old, about 10 lbs and spends of his time outdoors in Minnesota. Its been cold here now so he's inside mostly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the tabby's name?

Pumpkin

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pumpkin?

He had worms this summer and lost some weight, but he's gained it back after he was treated. otherwise he's a healthy cat and current on his shots.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? What medication were you intending to try?

I'll call my vet this week sometime, I was going to try loperamide. I instead bought some Iams and will try a different food. They were on Purina sensitive systems so a food change will be my first start. Thanks for your help but I'll contact my regular vet now.
Thank you, Jennifer

Let me know if you choose to continue our discussion.

Thank you for your help, but I will reach out to my vet this week.

You're welcome. Good luck!