Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 17 year old cat has been popping in the house. She

Customer Question
My 17 year old...

My 17 year old cat has been popping in the house. She urinates in her box. During the summer she goes out and both pops and urinates outside. Now I have to be on constant watch to avoid walking into cat pop. This morning it was right beside my bed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

No. She just a few weeks ago finished an I think it was 8 weeks session of antibiotics due to a urinary infection. This morning in the bathroom I found what appears to be blood again. She has not to my knowledge had any falls.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Megan. I got her when the vet said she may have been 2 or 3 YEARS old. That was back in 2002.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Megan?

No she has been a very healthy happy cat up till this year. The only thing that has changed if you will is that I have started to travel and so maybe twice a year I am gone for about 2 weeks. I have a good neighbour that comes in and checks on her twice a day but does not let her out.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has this been ongoing?

Have her stools been loose or hard?

Has she been drinking more or has her urine been watery/dilute?

Did her vet do any tests when she was treated with antibiotics?