Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cute on head i swollen up can i send pictures. Cat. Bob not…

Customer Question
Cute on head i...

Cute on head i swollen up can i send pictures

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Cat's name and age?

Bob not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. Is there a cut on the kitty's head? Yes, you can send pictures, that will help me to guide you.

Ouch! It looks like the conjunctiva is irritated also but from the picture, it looks like the eyeball is intact (right?) First you will have to gently clean the scabs. I would get a bowl of warm water with A LITTLE soap. and start soaking the scabs so they can be peeled off. Then I would apply some topical antibiotics (like a neosporin) or do you have any antibiotics at home?

He was a wildcat it took me two years to pet him and he’s been living on our front porch ever cents for about two more years so I can’t pick him up to put him in a cage or take him to a vet but he’s really friendly now I didn’t know if there was some kind of anabiotic’s we can get for him him
Does it need to be Pat I antibiotics pet

Are you able to do the soaks? Do you have access to any antibiotics? I can help you figure out a dose if you have any. I was just assuming that you would't be able to call your vet now for meds.

Any antibiotic

They won’t tell me what type of anabiotic’s or what to do unless they see him and it’s impossible for me to get him in the cage to get them there my wife will be here in a little bit and I’ll see if we have any type of anabiotic’s for maybe I should I might be able to get something at tractor supply

Alright, that may be an option. Let me know what you find. I will check back later if that works?

We do not have any anabiotic’s

I think something simple like a bacitracin/neosporin will work also. Don't think you need to get any oral antibiotics. Can you get to a pharmacy for something like this?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian