Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is shaking her body a little? Not roughly, but I I'm not…

Customer Question
She is shaking her...

She is shaking her body a little? Not roughly, but I I'm not sure what to make of it?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Oh, I"m sorry, a cat, she is a Calico. She is nearly 2 years old now, will be in April

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the cat's name?

Gizmo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gizmo?

I've taken her to the vet before regarding occasionally shaking her ears? I didn't know what was going on there either. They couldn't find anything wrong with her ears, and said she had allergies. Ever now and then, I have used a little coconut oil to clean her ears....she did have allergies bad though now that I come to think of it as a kitten when I first brought her to my home. They gave me an antibiotic to give her. That was when she was 4 months old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

She is doing alright now. I don't have a video of her doing that, but next time I will record it. Thank you I appreciate your help. My email did say I had a response? It seems at certain times that she does this? I hadn't noticed her doing it til a few days ago? But she is eating fine and hasn't lost her appetite or anything. But something of importance, I did notice this morning when she started doing it. When I went to pet her, she kinda flinched? This is really not unusual for her, as she generally comes to me when she wants to cuddle, but doesn't usually have it the other way. But it still bothered me that she did it at the same time it happened? I'm not sure, but keeping an eye on it. I will try and record it next time, although that can be hard as I've noted that when it does occur, it does not last very long? Thank you again for trying to help me with this situation regarding my little cat Gizmo

The indication of response was my originally post to your question that you responded to above. Please do record and send it along as soon as it happens again. The flinching may be a response to whatever is causing her to shake and not a response to you directly. I'll keep an eye out.