Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

His eyes are dilated, he is drooling at times, peed himself…

Customer Question
His eyes are dilated...

His eyes are dilated, he is drooling at times, peed himself during the night, unable to lay down and rest--either sits on table by his food or wanders all over the house pausing only for a minute or two, not eating hardly at all. He saw the vet yesterday moning. They gave him shot of cerenia and liquid pain meds. He is hissing at me. His body temp at vet was below 99

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Tiger==he is 14, I found him as a stray when he was approx 1 yo. He was FIV positive. Was diabetic on insulin until a year ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?

He was just crying on the tale--didn't seem to know how to get down. I think he has had a stroke followed by possible seizure. My vet doesn't open until 7:30 am and I can't afford the emergency vet at this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/29/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I just came online and saw your questions about Tiger. I am so sorry you did not get an answer to your question before now.

How is he doing? I don't know what time zone you are in; can you take him to your vet now?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian