Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Thank you for being here. Am currently caring for a stray…

Customer Question
Hi, thank you for...

Hi, thank you for being here. Am currently caring for a stray cat who is pretty beat up looking. One eye is half closed and tearing, and he may have issues urinating, hard to tell. He lets me pet him after almost a year of feeding him, but he also has a mean bite. Every time I get one my hands swell up and are painful. Anyhow my question is how can I treat his issues without bringing him to the Get? I don't think I would survive the ensuing struggle to get him there. Thanks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the stray cat. What is the cat's name?

I call him Alpachino because of his facial scars

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Alpachino?

Somebody told me that he had an abscessed tooth at some point and rather than take him to a doctor the idiots pulled it out with pliers. No wonder he's mean

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/28/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures or video of what you're seeing?

Is he neutered?

Im thinking hes not neutered

I really am just concerned for his comfort at this point. I doubt he would even allow me to put eye drops in, but if i could, what type would you recommend?
Where do i send the picture?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

I have to wait til he comes by again, but thanks

You're welcome. Our discussion is not timed so feel free to take video or pictures and share them back when you can.