Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Third eye lid is covering about of third of the eye. His…

Customer Question
Third eye lid is...

Third eye lid is covering about of third of the eye.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

His interior third eye lid is not contracting and he is sneezing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Budah and is an older cat . I don't know his actual age as he was a rescue cat 5 years ago. He goes outdoors and prefers indoors

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Budah?

He has been sneezing along with his inner lid covering his eyes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/28/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

An offer for a phone consultation usually will come up a few minutes after starting the chat, please note that it is not from me, it is automatically generated by the site. I am not always able to do phone consultations, but I can always continue chatting with you here.

I'm sorry Budah isn't feeling well, with his eyes and the sneezing it sounds like he probably has a kitty cold/upper respiratory infection.

Is he still eating?

Is he holding his eyes pretty open, or do you think he is squinting? That's not too uncommon when they are fighting a respiratory bug that their 3rd eyelids will be up a bit short term, but if they are squinty/winking frequently that is a sign of more significant eye irritation.