Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat, is constantly grooming herself. She licks herself…

Customer Question
My cat, is constantly...

My cat, is constantly grooming herself. She licks herself and licks all of the fur off down to the skin. Her skin is clean without any sores. The skin is soft and smooth. She then proceeds at some point in time to vomit hairballs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about,?

My cat PussPuss, is an indoor cat. Her weight is good, not fat maybe a little overweight. We feed her dry kibble which states it is a hairball remedy, Purina One. She also gets a bit of tuna at each feeding. She is fed twice a day, has clean water at all times. She has a good appetite. She does not look or act sickly. She has free range of the house. She uses a litter box which is kept clean, has normal stools. Is up to date on her shots, and is parasite free.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with PussPuss. Please tell me where on her body she most licks and denudes herself.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian